Thursday, June 29, 2006

I miss her...

She is 8000 miles away from me. She doesn't even utter my name. I don't think she even cares about me. She is happy out there, in her own world. She probably doesn't know I miss her so much. No, I am not grieving about my departed girlfriend, or nursing a broken heart. One should never run after three things in life: trains, buses and girls! (You've heard that one before, eh?) You lose one, and there comes another right behind. I vouch for that each morning.. no, not a girl, when I invariably miss a bus to school. Whom I miss the most right now, right here, is my darling niece Jo. Ya, she is this most adorable lil' girl of my sister and she turns one this Sunday.

I have not seen her yet, in person. And today, when I received some of her photographs and videos where she walks for the first time and flashes her two-toothed smile, I wished hard I could be there close to her. Thankfully, my sister captured those moments for me on camera. I would have seen those video snippets some 20 times already and can't have enough. On her first birthday, I wish my niece a really cheerful and healthy life ahead and all the blessings I can shower from across the seven seas. Even with her parents and two sets of grandparents constantly doting on her, I hope she somehow comes to realize that she has this uncle who really misses her so very much...

1 Comments:

Blogger The Kid said...

You are very lucky ;)

Fri Jun 30, 12:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home