Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Entertainment Redefined

Was I jobless, plain bored, idle or what! I was flipping TV channels while having dinner tonight, and hit upon MTV. Quite optimistically, I thought it would provide me some flimsy entertainment for the 30 odd minutes during my favorite meal of the day. It turned out that I would have rather spent that time writing about some other nicer topic on my blog. But here I am penning my experience of less than 10 minutes ago, watching a series called 'A Shot At Love' with Tila Tequila. I won't blame you if you haven't heard of either the program or the host. Well, if you have, you may reconsider acknowledging that fact.
This is a path-breaking reality show where the hostess Tila Tequila (no, she was not born with that last name!) is a self-proclaimed bisexual, and has 14 straight men and 14 lesbian women vie for her in an epic battle through 10 episodes. I am quite sure I won't be watching the entire season, but today I did witness the bunch of guys and girls trying to gobble a pair of bull testicles and a penis down their throat to win Tila's heart. Not only that, the winners of that ordeal had to down a glass of blood, a heart and a pair of eyes (forgive me for not being curious about which animal's parts they were provided) to prove beyond doubt that they were worth Tila's time in a jacuzzi later that evening. The unbelievable explanation Tila gave for this test of strength was that because she travels around the world so much, she wanted to make sure her sweetheart could make do with any kind of food.
This is prime-time television for you, and dinner time for me today. Wow! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought MTV stood for Music Television!

1 Comments:

Blogger Vivek said...

So I see that you've restarted your blog. Thank you for ruining my breakfast. The only consolation is that you were having dinner at the time.

If the Writers' Guild strike continues, expect many more such "reality" shows by networks looking for any garbage to fill the space on the tube.

Wed Jan 09, 01:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home